Thursday, March 31, 2011

10 months, 10 weeks, 10 days...

One and a half days! Man time flies. Here I sit a day and a half out, I hope to be in the last hour or so of my race this time 48 hours from now. Crazy right. First off I want to thank God for all the time and health to be able to prepare for this. I want to thank Emily, Annie, and Cameron for letting me sneak out and log some miles and for supporting me in my goal. My work has also been a great source of encouragement and letting me take long lunches and bail out early many days to get the time in. I am blown away at how many friends have been with me supporting me asking me and most of all believing in me, I am honored and touched by all of you. There is nothing more I can do till the gun fires for my heat. All the hours all the pain all the doubt, all the belief and will have been put in. I am going to leave it all out on the course, me and God running the race laid out for me. I will be using all of the well wishes and thinking of all of you that have believed in me when I was not so sure I made a smart decision signing up for this to keep me going forward. Bib number 2403 Craig Stevens 44 Ventura CA, you can see how I am doing on the Ironman site they will post up my times as I move throughout the race. I see my beautiful wife and kids at the finish line, Its a good picture in my mind. I will cry if I cross the finish line or not. Its been such a journey, I am transformed physically I have lost 40 pounds, I can not even remember the last time I was under 200 pounds. I am closer to God and so grateful for the time we spent together training. No matter what happens Saturday I will praise God. I love run rule #1 No form of locomotion other then running, walking, or crawling is allowed. Good to know I can crawl across if I have to. This morning I was stressing and worrying about the whole deal and I got an email with the time and location for the Iron Prayer meeting and knowing I am not alone out there has changed my stress level in a good way. I will keep you all up to date as I can. Keep the thoughts and prayers coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment