Saturday, March 19, 2011

2 weeks or 14 days or 336 hours

Actually a little less since its 10 at night.

Still hard to believe that its coming up so quick. The favorite question at this point is "Are you ready? yes...no...maybe...I sure hope so, not much I can do to change it at this point. I have done my best to get all the training in that I can. I know that God will be with me on this, it has been as much a spiritual event as mental and physical.

Funny how sports are the perfect analogy for just about everything. You play like you practice is one I use all the time to my softball and baseball kids. Leave it all out on the field, dont come in thinking I could have/should have done more, the difference between ordinary and extraordinary is just a little extra. I cant be 2 weeks out without having done the last 6 months of running, riding, swimming, spinning, push/pull ups, sit ups, eating right, sleeping, and praying. You gotta put the time in, cant get to the starting line without putting in hours and miles. "For physical training is of some value, but Godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8).

I swam in the ocean today. A shock to the hands and feet, the water was cold! Spending an hour in it should be fun. I was told that the wetsuit and the salt water would make me float more, I had no idea how much. I am impressed. I need to spend some more time in the ocean in the next 14 days for sure, so I am not freaked out come start time. I will be in wave 4, 5, or 6 starting at 6:50, 6:53, or 6:56 which gives me a good bit of time to finish before they close the course. I just hope my slow pace does not get me swam over by the 17 waves after me. I hope I have a bright swim cap. Randy thinks I am ready,he has never thought I could not do this and I am grateful for his help and encouragement.

I had a lot more to say when I sat down to type. It has all faded away though...I am humbled and overwhelmed, grateful that I am 2 weeks out. God has been so good to me, Emily and the kids have been wonderful for allowing me to go swim, ride, run, sleep a bit longer, my job has been supportive and encouraging, all of my friends have been there keeping me on task and honest about my training, a man named Skip who I have never met has helped with my rookie questions. I have no idea what to expect on April 2nd, but I am going to leave it all out on the course, I am doing this for God, Emily, Annie, Cameron and all of you.

When I remember what else I had planned on posting, I will

No comments:

Post a Comment