Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Training

To train for a 70.3 mile race, how do you start?

I cant swim a full lap in the pool, well I dont know if I can or not I am thinking I cant.

Have not run except to the fridge for months.

My bikes have more dust then miles on them...well I guess if you count miles on top of the Sequoia the bike has miles traveled, just not under my power. Heck the bike went all the way to Death Valley and back without ever coming off the SUV.

Where oh where do I start?

Emily and I are doing a six week program to be able to do 100 push ups. We started on Monday. Monday the day after fathers day so I could indulge in lots of food and desert. Which I did. I was not sure I could do 10 push ups I ended up doing 45 in sets following tier 3. Then I rode the spin bike for 9.1 miles in 20 minutes. A good first day.

Day two, no push ups...thank GOD, since I had a hard time washing my hair. I rode my road bike from the Toyota place to work 3.47 miles in 15 minutes and yes my backside hurt like heck ALREADY. Then rode back after work to pick up the Sequoia. Miles are adding up, have to take advantage when I can, right.

Day three, Push ups. 5 sets, 90 seconds in between. Ended up doing 56 push ups.

Stay tuned for training updates and my emotional update on this new goal in my life.

by the way, I set this goal one because I have never done an Ironman, and two, it has the your crazy factor where people say your crazy for doing that. and I like that. finally to do it I will have to lose the weight, I so want to be under 200 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment