Monday, July 12, 2010

Pizza is not training food.

Had pizza for lunch on Friday and Saturday, then had left over pizza for dinner on Sunday. My legs felt as if all the cheese just went right into my legs. I had a hard time picking them up on my lunch run. Plus the fact that it was 100 degrees outside...wait sorry it was only 71 degrees and the sun was out, it must have been the 30 pound jacket of fat that I wear. It is getting smaller though.

I met up this morning with my new swim coach Randy B. and I am grateful to have him. If he was not at the pool this morning and I got in and did a few laps I would have tried to get my money back for the race. The swimming part has been what has kept me out of triathlons. I am self taught and had no reason to swim with my head in the water, since I was never going to far. Randy has faith in me and that is what I need for the swim part. I have to learn how to breathe without lifting my head out of the water. Learning to swim all over again really. Randy feels I can have this down in a week or so, there is hope. When I get this part I will reduce my effort by a ton. Right now I waste a lot of extra energy by holding my head up. Extra energy is what I will need.

In the pool we (Team EPC) used this morning I would have to swim 84.5 laps to make 1.2 miles. I could not really do 1 lap with good form and not feel out of breath. I am so glad I have 263 days 16 hours and 28 minutes to learn.

Next to Randy and I was a 70+ year old man that has done several Tri's including the one I am going to do. He had several pointers too. Most of which were about the race day, good tips, however, all I could think of was dude, I can not even swim to the end of the pool and back yet.

Thanks Randy, I know that you feel I am your motivation, but I really need the help.

Tonight I will not eat pizza or ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment