Friday, July 2, 2010

Scary Thought

I did 83 push ups in sets this morning, I dont think I have done that many push ups since high school football. My guns are so big that I had to wear a shirt with no sleeves...not really but I did have to try on two shirts (one was Camerons).

On to the scary thought, I was running at lunch 4 miles in 44:05 a new snail speed record. I had a thought, will I have to wear spandex for the race? I have a rule and I dont fit my own rule so I am not a candidate for spandex. I currently wear loose shorts and shirt untucked for proper blousing as not to show off my large backside and tummy. Which by the way was having a fight today with my headphones. My tummy was tugging the cord out of my ears once I got a bit sweaty. I dont know if by 4/2/11 I will be spandex ready, the thought I had of me wearing spandex was that of trying to put a water melon into a can coozy...it just dont work. I was also having some chafing going on about mile 3, and had to do the lift right leg out in a funny way to get the shorts between the legs again. Maybe spandex does not ride up....ummmm

I'll let you all know about that decision as time goes on.

June totals 36.17 miles run/rode/spun, 2,583 calories, 0 pounds lost. If I did not have 47 billion calories over the weekend that might have been different.

I can see my self finishing in my minds eye so the goal is real. I just need to be smart and train well.

Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement, it means a lot. I look forward to running, ridding, ans swimming with some of you.

Have a great and happy Independence Day. I will try not to eat too much at the crap fair on Sunday.

1 comment: