Monday, February 21, 2011

Holy Brick

Yesterday I did one of the hardest workouts I have done in some time (maybe ever). A brick workout is when you stack 2 workouts on top of each other. I did 3 bricks or I started a wall yesterday.

After church I got on the bike and rode out to Peck road in Santa Paula and back 15 miles (52 minutes). It was an awesome ride heading to the mountains with snow covering them. Cold and windy though, glad I had on my long sleeve shirt, wind breaker, and gloves. Then I put on my running shoes took off the wind breaker and gloves ran almost to Victoria and back home (I was shooting for 2 miles, ends up I went 2.86 miles 24 minutes) Changed shoes put on the jacket and gloves rode back out to Santa Paula and back 15 more miles (55 minutes). Came home changed shoes and ran again 26 minutes. Grabbed a bar and some G2 and headed out to Santa Paula again the first 10 miles were great the last 5 I was digging deep for energy and desire (1 hour 2 minutes). Then the final run 27 minutes. I felt OK slow but what a workout.

I thought that I would not be able to walk today, but the legs feel OK. I am however, going to take the day off and recover.

Last week I swam 1.1 miles! Not all in a row but I did the distance, if I did my math correct in the pool I would have did the last 50 to make 1.2 miles but I know I can do it now I just have to get in the ocean and see how that goes with out walls on each end.

The event is 40 days out. A lot can happen in 40 days! 6 weeks seems like a long time but it will be here before I know it. I feel like I am on track for the most part. God is good and is keeping me healthy. Phil 4:13 I can do all things though God who strengthens me.

The endurance stage goes for one more week, then active recovery and then competitive stage followed by the taper and finally the CA Ironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment