Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT

Today God has made something possible I did not think was going to happen. I actually swam OVER A MILE in large non stopping chunks. I am besides myself at the moment.

I had a goal to do 500 without stopping today which would have been reason enough to celebrate since I have not done that to date. I usually swim 100's, or 50s' with breaks on the wall. I have been thinking and praying about the fact that the ocean has no walls every 100 yards. In the pool I can take it easy because there is a wall. But come race day I have to as Dore in Nemo says "just keep swimming...just keep swimming" Today I was going to break my own record and do 500.

I started out the 500 and about 300 I was thinking that's good, but stuck with it and made the 500. Praise God. Then I set out to do it again at 500 I just kept going and going and going like the energizer bunny in water and did 1000 yards! No way! Way! I praise God and think I am feeling good lets try for another 500 so I just keep swimming and I lost count because I was so excited but I think I ended up doing another 650 0r 700 yards or so. All together over 1.2 miles with only 2 small breaks.

A word on form an function...it was not pretty or efficient but I found a rhythm that worked. Now I just hope I can find that same rhythm again. I was under the Life Guard tower where I dont like to go because I dont want them laughing at me the whole time but it was the only lane open. I swam to swim today with out thinking to much and just doing.

Thanks to all who have said prayers keep them coming. A special thanks to Randy (aka coach Randy) for not giving up on me and even sacrificing his eyes so I could use his goggles the other day when I forgot mine. He looked stoned for 2 days--sorry and thanks. By the way I think it was the cool goggles that helped today Randy. There has also been a guy on the Iamtri site Skip that has been a great encouragement to me. He has done several races and has taken the time to answer my silly questions of a newbie. Which is one thing I love about sports, even though its a race some people still take the time to pass along advice and wisdom to help others. a cool thing for sure.

39 days to go and today I feel like I am on track in all 3 events.

No comments:

Post a Comment